[DWJ] Happy DWJ-book-related news

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 22 22:26:19 EDT 2006

> rohina at shaw.ca wrote:> I can hardly wait until my daughter can read that book, then. She has
> rampant hairdresser phobia, and refuses to get her hair cut, with the
> result that we have a daily hairbrushing encounter.
  I was a screaming mess whenever my parents tried to cut my hair when I  was little.  They finally gave up and my mother and I had  subsequent run-ins with hair barrettes, headbands, and Hair In Your  Face.  A decade or so later, my hair hangs past my knees and I'm  glad my mom had the patience to put up with my tantrums and insistance  that my hair must not be cut.  She's glad, too. :)

  EGH

Wow, I'm impressed. I've never known anyone whose hair hangs below their knees before. I know there's a (fairly modern) fairy tale about a princess whose hair grows really long, but I can't remember what it's called.  (I thought it was George Macdonald's Light Princess, but I see it's not).

Regards
Elizabeth.