[DWJ] Re: Last Battle

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Thu Jun 22 21:56:45 EDT 2006

And Robyn wrote:
> It almost makes an argument about female readers perhaps
  being a bit concerned about being identified as Susan (especially if
they are older than Lucy), whereas it wouldn't occur to male readers to
identify with the rejected. I can definitely remember changing my
opinion  about Susan when I reread the books and was old enough not to be a huge  Lucy fan; I went from thinking she deserved it to being extremely  uneasy about her.

  Ditto.  I never cared about Susan's fate until I  became older, I started wearing makeup, and I realized that I thought  she'd been given a raw deal.

  EGH