[DWJ] Witches in Fiction, was exploiting.

sodgers at iinet.net.au sodgers at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 22 21:36:39 EDT 2006

From: rohina at shaw.ca
>dislike being told that a sad ending is happy. I don't feel comforted at
>all, but obviously some people do.

robyn

sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:

> It's an interesting idea, though. Lewis created the Narnian world,
> oversaw its history and finally ended it. It's almost comforting in a
> way... he "looked after it" until the end.

I was talking from the author's POV, and perhaps a little from a pet-lover's
POV. (Books are the author's pets, in a way...) The ONLY good thing about the
brief lifespan of some pets (say, rats) is that they have continuing and
kindly care for the whole span. Same with a book world... I'd HATE to have
someone else adopt "my" book world and do something horrible to it.