[DWJ] Re: Last Battle

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 22 21:25:22 EDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Roslyn wrote:

[On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Charlie wrote:]

> > I like it from the moment they enter the stable, but up till then
> > I get too stressed by the false Aslan plot - as I tend to by all
> > plots that involve mistaken identity, people being accused of
> > crimes they did not commit, misunderstandings, etc (and a lot of
> > plots do).

> Charlie, I'm just like you, here. I always get intensely
> uncomfortable with plots containing the kinds of misunderstandings
> you describe. I *really* don't like all that stuff about the donkey
> and the Ape either. When I'm watching a film and the plot develops
> in these kinds of ways, it's not unusual for me to get up and leave
> the room (one reason why I'm often happier watching something at
> home on DVD rather than in a cinema). It can be troublesome because
> there is a whole range of such developments that I find hard to
> watch. A lot of what most people call "suspense" really doesn't
> appeal to me.

And here I was, worrying that I was the only person that has this
problem...

(I have actually got up and left the room while watching a movie *in
the cinema* because of this. I hadn't been very keen on the movie to
begin with, but I felt very silly about it and immediately wished I
hadn't.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."