[DWJ] Big Bad Read

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 14:32:52 EDT 2006

>I think you're on to something there, and not just in DWJ, but generally.
>Look at *any* fantasy story - if someone's trying to take over the world,
>it's *always* a male (and I, too, wonder why).  But if the villain is a
>woman, she usually has some far more sensible goal.

Dillian wants to take over the world, doesn't she? Shine only wants to
manage crime, but I seem to recall Dillian wanting it all. Or was it just
England? And Reigner 3 seems just as happy ruling the universe as the rest.

Outside of DWJ, I can mostly just recall the Jadises and Bavmordas who
already have a large slice of the world and don't seem that eager to widen
it.

And taking over the world seems like a rather sensible goal to me. A bit
hard to manage, sure, but it could be worse - the "I'm just going home and I
don't care if I must destroy all universes to do it" of Glory in Buffy, for
example...

Katta