[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

Thu Jun 22 13:48:47 EDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:13:24 -0400, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:

>> But it isn't destroyed!  I mean, yes, the whole thing is shown being wound
>> up, as it was always going to be; but then it's renewed and is just the
>> same only more so, on the other side of the door.
>
>Melissa, am I imagining that, or is that rather a Mormonish concept?

More or less, actually.  A Mormon version would have the renewed Narnia a
truly perfect world...but then, Narnia is itself rather idealized in some
ways, so maybe it's the same thing after all.  LDS theology has the earth
transformed into a paradisiacal form of itself in the end of times,
so...yeah.  Geez, it's no wonder my co-religionists like this series so
much.  :)

Melissa Proffitt