[DWJ] Re: Last Battle

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Jun 22 13:38:11 EDT 2006

Minnow said...

> It occurs to me that there are rather a lot of phrases and moments from
> the
> Narnia books that have stayed in my mind.

Me, too.  Though I only realised how *much* when I saw the recent film of
"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", and spent much of it objecting to
the cutting or bad-paraphrasing of lines and scenes I know and love.

> I don't know
> how much that's a result of having read and reread the books at a
> formative
> age, and how much it is because Lewis had a good ear for the language.

A bit of both, I think - in my case anyway.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"Worst fears realised darling Seth and Rueben too send gumboots."
- Stella Gibbons, "Cold Comfort Farm"