[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Jun 22 12:36:45 EDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Minnow wrote:

|EGH wrote
|
|>That's true, it's all on the other side of the door.  I love the
|>descriptions of the other side of the door -- I remember something  about
|>running and never getting tired.  Lewis' descriptions can be  on the
|>lengthy side, but they're certainly evocative.
|
|I particularly liked the way that one could look at anything miles and
|miles away and see it as if it were close-to.

I particularly like how Lucy sees the trees eating dirt and it
looks like frothy chocolate so she tries some, but it tastes like
dirt.

Food descriptions in children's books often do it for me. Tale of
Times City's butter pies, of course, and a couple of different
food descriptions in A Little Princess (the buns, and the food
when she wakes up and the Magic has happened and she gets Becky).
Is there anything else in DWJ besides the butter pies?

-deborah
--
I myself have never been able to find out precisely what
feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist