[DWJ] Re: Oliver Twist was Re: Big Bad Read

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 10:38:03 EDT 2006

On 6/22/06, Otter Perry <ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 21, 2006, at 09:36 PM, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:
>
> > Being that I *should* read some Dickens one of these years, but being
> > that I have not done so yet, before...what?
>
> I have often felt that "Where is love" was written for some other
> purpose,
> like being recordable by every female singer in the world.

Oh, I have a horrid and seemingly permanent memory of a friend of mine
singing that song in a junior high musical review. He sang it soooooo flat!
It was painful. Now I can't hear that song without remembering him.

A nice guy, too. Just couldn't sing that song.

widdy

--
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
iwriddell at gmail.com / riddell at perfectharmonychorus.org