[DWJ] Favourite Narnia Books

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 22 08:25:37 EDT 2006

Judith listed some images from the Narnian books that have stayed with her
vividly. All of them have remained with me also, and I will add these:

That awful moment when Jill falls off the precipice (Silver Chair)

When they drink (out of a bucket) the powerful water that was like light
near the end of the world (Dawntreader).

The moment when Aslan gives Digory the apple to save his mother's life after
he has given up all hope (Magician's Nephew).

When Aslan sends Digory and Polly back to our world and they are surrounded
by a sea of gold, which, whenever in the future they are sad or angry, makes
them feel that everything is really all right (Magician's Nephew).

For a period of about ten years I would re-read the Narnian books at least
every year. I think my favourites are The Voyage of the Dawntreader and The
Horse and His Boy.

Ros