[DWJ] Re: Narnia (was; witches in fiction, and exploiting)

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Thu Jun 22 01:15:06 EDT 2006

> I don't like the destruction of Narnia, either, and that may be why I
> dislike the book as a whole.

Particularly since there is no earthly reason for it to be destroyed except
to prove a point.

The common creatures haven't fallen into wickedness. They are so eager to
believe that their "god" has come among them again that they are easy prey for a
charlatan.

The King is a wimp. One lost battle that he wasn't even at and; "So, Narnia
is no more." Never heard of Prince Caspian taking back his kindgom from a
usurper? Never heard of the Telmarine conquest? Who does he think his own dynasty
is descended from?

The whole plot is stupid. It's like he slung it together because he had the
salvation story and the creation story and a number of other stories, so now he
needed to do the last judgement story, without ever explaining why it was
necessary.