[DWJ] Big Bad Read

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Wed Jun 21 23:36:08 EDT 2006

Being that I *should* read some Dickens one of these years, but being that I have not done so yet, before...what?

  EGH

Judith Ridge <Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:

On 22/6/06 12:21 PM, "Ian W. Riddell"  wrote:

> Bill Sikes was just downright evil, evil, evil. Not much makes me more
> uncomfortable than someone singing "As Long as He Needs Me" (Nancy's song
> from the musical "Oliver") out of context. I mean, for pete's sake, she
> sings it just before . . . .

Isn't it worse in context, knowing she sings it just before...

Mind you, out of context it¹s still an apologia for domestic violence.

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Assistant Editor (Acting)