Little Women (was Re: [DWJ] Re: The Last Battle (was witches in fiction, and exploiting) )

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Jun 21 22:52:54 EDT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
|On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:24:14 EDT, HSchinske at aol.com wrote:
|>I've always been extremely attached to Professor Bhaer, and thought  that
|>Laurie and Jo would have fought cats'n'dogs.
|
|I'm absolutely not in favor of Jo marrying Laurie, for the record.

Children's lit survey as an undergrad.  Professor asks the
section, "Who thinks Jo should have married Professor Bhaer?",
and half the class raised their hands.  Then she asks, "Who
thinks Jo should have married Laurie?", and half the class raised
their hands.

Then I asked "Who thinks she should have blown them both off and
gone to write in a garrett?", and the professor and I both raised
our hands.

-deborah, professional troublemaker
--
I never metadiscourse I didn't like.