[DWJ] Big Bad Read

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:21:46 EDT 2006

You know, there are two villains on that list that still frighten me to this
day:

Bill Sikes from "Oliver Twist" and the Child Catcher from "Chitty Chitty
Bang Bang".

With the latter, it's mostly the movie version that just makes me cringe
everytime I see him. Makes it hard to look at Michael Jackson, who, at one
point, seemed to be doing his best to look just like the Child Catcher from
the movie.

Bill Sikes was just downright evil, evil, evil. Not much makes me more
uncomfortable than someone singing "As Long as He Needs Me" (Nancy's song
from the musical "Oliver") out of context. I mean, for pete's sake, she
sings it just before . . . .

widdy
(off to read something to rid my mind of those two men!)