[DWJ] Big Bad Read

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Wed Jun 21 22:19:21 EDT 2006

The first thing that hit me when I began reading DWJ last summer is  that most of her obvious villians are women.  The interesting  thing is that they're *strong* women.  The bad men are usually bad  because of weak characters.

  I suppose this has been talked through already on this list! :)

  EGH

LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au wrote:

Speaking of CS Lewis, has anyone else been voting in the Big Bad Read for
their favourite literary villain?

No DWJ Jones villains though, but I suppose we could make our own list...

Laurel?
The Companion in Dogsbody?
That horrible woman in The Merlin Conspiracy whose name has escaped me?

(notices they're all women)

(hmm...)

Lili Wilkinson
Web Project Manager & Event Coordinator