[DWJ] Happy DWJ-book-related news

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 21 20:50:07 EDT 2006

How old is your "baby", Melissa? (I'm still the baby and I'm 42...) (and oh
how I hate seeing that in cold hard typeface.)

What a lovely moment. I have just been chatting to a colleague about Louise
Fitzhugh and Ruth Manning-Sanders, two writers who have nothing in common
except for my passionate devotion to their books as a child. (I'd have been
passionately devoted to DWJ as a child too, except that I didn't read her
until I was 28 or so.)

Judith

On 22/6/06 10:44 AM, "Melissa Proffitt" <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:

> My baby is reading _Fire and Hemlock_ for the first time.  She came upstairs
> and screamed "I HATE IVY!" and has been saying how glad she is to have a mom
> like me.  :)  She also now understands why I'm so strict about hair brushing
> and the elimination of rats' nests....
>
> Melissa Proffitt

Judith Ridge
Assistant Editor (Acting)