[DWJ] Re: The Last Battle (was witches in fiction, and exploiting)

Wed Jun 21 20:41:32 EDT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:25:07 -0400 (EDT), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>Don't get me started on Robert Jordan.
>
>No, I take it back. Get me started. I dare you.

But then I would have to come over there and start a fight with you, and
that would be regrettable....

Robert Jordan is still my favorite soap opera fantasy, and reading the
series this way is probably why it's the only quest fantasy I still enjoy.
Except that the later books have gotten so far off track, much of what I
loved about it in the beginning is gone.  Starting at about book five, _The
Fires of Heaven_ (or as I prefer to call it, _Bitchquest_) I was less happy
with it.

Melissa Proffitt