[DWJ] Re: Last Battle

Charles Butler charlescbutler at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 21 18:13:14 EDT 2006

HSchinske at aol.com wrote:

>I do like _The Last Battle_, and don't find it boring at all. In fact the
reason I re-read it less than the others is precisely because I find it *too*
edge-of-the-seat-y, a feeling I often dislike, for the same reason I dislike
roller-coasters.

  I like it from the moment they enter the stable, but up till then I get too stressed by the false Aslan plot - as I tend to by all plots that involve mistaken identity, people being accused of crimes they did not commit, misunderstandings, etc (and a lot of plots do). This may be why I've never been a great reader of school stories, where such things seem to go on all the time.

  The absence of the nylon-bedazzled Susan never bothered me - I think I'd never quite forgiven her for being so snippy with Lucy in Prince Caspian.

  Charlie

Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk