[DWJ] Re: The Last Battle (was witches in fiction, and exploiting)

Ika Willis blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 16:23:19 EDT 2006

Kyla wrote:

> (Speaking of witches in fiction, and this is still not related to DWJ, I
> was in the children's room at the library yesterday and rediscovered the
> Dorrie books by Patricia Coombs. Oh, they're adorable. Sort of older
> picture books, where there's an actual story but the pictures are very
> important, and she's got a cat named Gink and her socks never match and
> there's one where her mother, Big Witch, is turned into a teacup. I love
> the children's room. :^)

I had completely forgotten those books until this very minute, but the
newly-rekindled memory of them gives me an *extremely* pleasurable feeling
in my tummy, so thanks for that, Kyla - I'm going to go and google for
pictures now.

Love, Ika

(I don't remember anything about the plots. Just the socks.)