[DWJ] Re: The Last Battle (was witches in fiction, and exploiting)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Jun 21 15:27:25 EDT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

> Don't get me started on Robert Jordan.
>
> No, I take it back. Get me started. I dare you.

Ooh, this sounds like fun. It would probably be more fun if I knew
anything about Robert Jordan...

(Speaking of witches in fiction, and this is still not related to DWJ, I
was in the children's room at the library yesterday and rediscovered the
Dorrie books by Patricia Coombs. Oh, they're adorable. Sort of older
picture books, where there's an actual story but the pictures are very
important, and she's got a cat named Gink and her socks never match and
there's one where her mother, Big Witch, is turned into a teacup. I love
the children's room. :^)