[DWJ] Re: The Last Battle (was witches in fiction, and exploiting)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Jun 21 15:25:15 EDT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 estairm at yahoo.com wrote:

> I hate The Last Battle for many reasons, partly the
> end of Narnia, partly because of the Ape, but mostly
> because of Susan.
>
> I mean, she was left alone in our world, with her
> entire family wiped out, because she forgot Narnia?!?
>

> She was not a bad person, just shallow.

And also, all the shallowness that we actually saw was when she was quite
young. What, we're all supposed to be wonderful, thoughtful deep people
all the time when we're *teenagers*? Ask a parent how likely that is.
Sometimes you have to grow up more after you start growing up.

Although I liked Minnow's take on it, too.

Xander: So, both coffins are empty. That makes three girls
	signed up for the army of zombies.
Willow: Is it an army if you just have three?
Buffy: Zombie drill team, then.
		--"Some Assembly Required,"
			"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"