[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:26:40 EDT 2006

>Do they really? Mission presidents, I mean?

When the Harry-Potter-is-satanic debate was first flaring up in the
Netherlands, my eldest daughter went to church camp (must have been the
first time because I don't recall her sisters going) and, because I'd
seen a newspaper cutout in another Orthodox church with dire warnings to
parents, discouraged her from packing her Harry Potter book (she had
only the one then).

She came home telling me that they'd been read to from it every night as
a bedtime story-- by a priest.

    Irina

I don't know about "Wordly Literature" in general, but the Mormon family I
stayed with when I was in Utah *loved* Harry Potter.

Katta