[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 21 02:36:51 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 06:04, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> I had a pair approach me in a park a few weeks ago offering to swap
> my _Bourne Ultimatum_ for a Book of Mormon.  I told them I already
> had tons. (I should have said their mission president wouldn't want
> them in possession of such worldly reading material.)

Do they really? Mission presidents, I mean?

When the Harry-Potter-is-satanic debate was first flaring up in the
Netherlands, my eldest daughter went to church camp (must have been the
first time because I don't recall her sisters going) and, because I'd
seen a newspaper cutout in another Orthodox church with dire warnings to
parents, discouraged her from packing her Harry Potter book (she had
only the one then).

She came home telling me that they'd been read to from it every night as
a bedtime story-- by a priest.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005