[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 21 01:57:02 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 06:07, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> There is some really great stuff in the last two
> books (though I agree that _The Last Battle_ is pretty boring as a
> story, and I really don't enjoy books that have the "end of
> everything" motif--I'd rather believe the world is still there, going
> on as usual).  But my own favorite is definitely _The Silver Chair_.

Mine too, and my middle kid's (who is the one owning the Narnia books,
and I think the only one who's read all seven). _The Last Battle_ is a
bit of a curate's egg; I never know whether the great stuff redeems the
boring and irritating stuff, or the boring and especially the
irritating stuff spoils the great stuff, but I keep rereading it
anyway.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005