[DWJ] Vampires

Charles Butler charlescbutler at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 21 04:28:15 EDT 2006

Lizzie:

  > I avoid
vampire books in general, though, and am quite glad that DWJ doesn't seem to
want to write one (or if she does write one, it'll probably be a Tough Guide
version).

  She doesn't write vampires, but she comes pretty close at times, depending how metaphorical you like your vampirism. She's certainly interested in parasitism, anyway, and people who feed on other people - from Gwendolyn to Grundo. Maybe we would think of Laurel as a kind of vampire too, if she weren't already the Queen of Faery?

  (Ugh! Had a sudden vision of Laurel, having been denied her prey, ageing a thousand years in ten seconds, like Rider Haggard's Ayesha - how glad I am that DWJ did not choose this route...)

  Charlie

Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk