[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

Wed Jun 21 00:11:23 EDT 2006

Do, do, do!  I had never even heard of it until college, when it was an
assigned text for the basic English course I was forced to take.  (The
teacher wouldn't give me anything higher than an A- and never did explain
why.)  It was really the only good thing that came out of that course--that
and meeting a future roommate who introduced me to Bujold and Pratchett
both.  It holds up well as a story, as theology, and as literature.  I'd
read it again myself if I didn't have such a large pile of books to read.

Melissa Proffitt