[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

Wed Jun 21 00:04:37 EDT 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:55:58 -0700, sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:

>Melissa Proffitt writes:
>
>> I've had four brothers serve missions for the LDS church
>
>I think I met a Morman missionary on a train in Sydney once. He was young,
>dressed in black, and carrying a black briefcase. It was a longish trip to a
>farflung suburb and we had quite a conversation. It was so long ago I don't
>recall much other than his clothing, his youth, and his friendly manner.
>It's a nice memory, anyway:-)

I had a pair approach me in a park a few weeks ago offering to swap my
_Bourne Ultimatum_ for a Book of Mormon.  I told them I already had tons.
(I should have said their mission president wouldn't want them in possession
of such worldly reading material.)  They were so adorably cute--both very
blond and very Californian.  I feel old.

Melissa Proffitt
(not even middle-aged yet except in cynicism)