[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jun 19 15:08:46 EDT 2006

> I find it a little surprising how many Christians are so strongly in favour
> of the Narnia books, when the message in the last of them is so clearly
> that bad Narnians are not saved but a good Calormene *is*.  The young
> soldier has worshipped Tash all his life, and Aslan still accepts him.  How
> does that fit in with the "anyone who isn't my sort of christian is damned"
> outlook, I ask but get no answer as a rule.

I can think of several ways.

1) the bad narnians weren't their sort of christians...
2) they never got to the last book (most likely)
3) they didn't notice that part
4) There's biblical support for the idea in the story about the
Separation of the Sheep from the Goats in the Gospels (apparently the
original "all the nations of the world" actually translates "the
goyim").

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Justice is better than chivalry if we cannot have both."
   -- Alice Stone Blackwell