[DWJ] Re: witches in fiction, and exploiting children (was

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 12:31:16 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/19/2006 1:42:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, Philip
Belben writes:

When in  Christian groups (I am a Christian, FWIW) I say that although we
are taught  that Christ is the only way to Heaven, there is nothing to
say that one  cannot find Christ outside the institutional Church, or
even in other  religions, my comments generally do not go down  well...

Seems to me C.S. Lewis says something about this in _Mere Christianity_  --
he used the metaphor that if someone asked him how to get to Bristol (I
forget which city it was really) he'd tell them the trains. Didn't mean there  was
no other method of transportation that could get you there.

Helen Schinske