[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Mon Jun 19 11:52:53 EDT 2006

minnow at belfry.org.uk writes:

> Philip wrote:
>A while back there was a fuss among some friends of mine from church.
>>The daughter of one had found a trading card of some description, and
>>(presumably for want of anything better to do with it) had offered it to
>>the nephew of another church member.  The adults concerned were
>>horrified, and gave the poor girl a good telling-off, but this was
>>apparently because the picture on the card was a "fiend" of some sort,
>>and therefore evil.

I wonder if the "fiend" picture was evil because it gave the little tacker
nightmares? (In passing, I once had a dream about evil labels (the physical
kind, not the name/concept kind), somehow connected with evil beings that
could pass through the crack of a closed sliding door. I have NO idea what
this was about, but the horror lingers, well over thirty years later...