[DWJ] witches in fiction, and exploiting children (was

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Jun 19 10:16:36 EDT 2006

On Monday, June 19, 2006, at 02:40 AM, Belben, Philip ((Energy
Wholesale)) wrote:

> When in Christian groups (I am a Christian, FWIW) I say that although
> we
> are taught that Christ is the only way to Heaven, there is nothing to
> say that one cannot find Christ outside the institutional Church, or
> even in other religions, my comments generally do not go down well...

The doctrine that people may only be saved by being members of the
Catholic Church is called triumphalism and is condemned.  Not to say
that anybody's Catholic, but even the Catholics don't believe you have
to be a Catholic.  Or aren't supposed to, anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Maryland State Senator Nancy Jacobs:

As I read Biblical principles, marriage was intended, ordained and
started
by God - that is my belief.  For me, this is an issue solely based on
religious principles.

Jamie Raskin, American University Law School professor,
Constitutional Law:

Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on the
Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You didn't place your hand
on
the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible.

                                                    - testimony
Wednesday, March 1, 2006
                                                       before the
Maryland Senate Judicial