[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Jane Scarlett mail at janescarlett.com
Sat Jun 17 04:48:00 EDT 2006

> > Anyone else got books they WISH they had never read?
>
> Other than tdVC?  Not exactly, though I was haunted for a long time
> by bits of _The 120 Days of Sodom_ by the Marquis de Sade, which
> I never got very far with and have never been much tempted to go
> back to.

Oh yes - that got me exactly the same way.  I sort of enjoyed Justine, and
got to the end of that, but 120 days I barely got started.

The other book I wish I hadn't read is Dracula - I read this aged 12 or
so, thinking I'd stop if it got scary, but by the time I got scared I was
too far in and couldn't stop.  I can't remember details of the plot now,
but even thinking enough to write this is starting my heart beating
faster. I've never dared to try Sunshine in case it's similar, and avoid
all horror now just in case.  (Thankfully no-one told me Neil Gaiman was
considered horror until I'd read several of his books:-))

Jane Scarlett