[DWJ] Re: Nancy Drew (was Love Story)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jun 16 11:53:26 EDT 2006

> I don't actually ban books as such --they can read anything they want--
> but I've strongly recommended against *buying* books that actively
> encourage becoming a witch yourself (they exist! aimed at teenage
> girls).

Oh yes. I encourage libraries to buy them as being a black-fingernailed
baby wiccan is much safer than kids trying to practice 'witchcraft'
based on the accounts of the witch trials that libraries seem to have in
abundance. Or worse, the plot of "The Active Enzyme Lemon-Freshened
Junior High School Witch"  by Wallace Hildick... *sigh*

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Justice is better than chivalry if we cannot have both."
   -- Alice Stone Blackwell