[DWJ] [OT] [meta] Please?

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Jun 16 02:09:33 EDT 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 02:01, Judith Ridge wrote:
> Is it your own settings, Irina? I ask because usually when I reply to
> a DWJ email, it only goes back to the list address, but when I hit
> "reply" to your email, your address came up as well as the list
> address. (And I hit "reply", not "reply all".)

It's probably my reply-to overriding the mailman settings (now fixed it;
I don't need a reply-to in my default mail account, but it's in the
mailer's default settings and I never noticed until now), but Deborah
seems to have fixed it on her end too.

Some people do hit 'reply all' when replying to a mailing list because
they honestly think people want responses to themselves both in their
inbox and on the list, just as some people on Usenet deliberately post
and mail responses, but I don't want that; I want to read things in
context. If replies to me end up in my mailbox, I assume it's meant
privately.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005