[DWJ] [OT] [meta] Please?

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 15 22:11:03 EDT 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, Judith Ridge wrote:

> On 16/6/06 2:23 AM, "Irina Rempt" <irina at valdyas.org> wrote:
>
> > Please, when any of you reply to anything I wrote on the list,
> > could you send it to the list *only*?

> Is it your own settings, Irina? I ask because usually when I reply
> to a DWJ email, it only goes back to the list address, but when I
> hit "reply" to your email, your address came up as well as the list
> address. (And I hit "reply", not "reply all".)

Irina: Likewise, when I replied to you, I used the exact same sequence
of keypresses I always use to reply to the list. It was something in
your email's headers that made the reply go to you as well (and I
didn't notice until too late because I wasn't expecting it to happen).

...I've just looked at your headers, and where most people just have

(Deborah: I don't remember what you're using for this list, but in
Mailman there's a setting for removing sender's Reply-Tos from list
messages. That would fix this situation, I think.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."