[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 15 21:42:11 EDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Rosemary Hopkins wrote:

> --- sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:
>
> > Anyone else got books they WISH they had never read?
>
> 1984

I'm part-way through '1984' myself. I have been for quite some time.
Shortly after I got to the bit where Winston discovers that Julia
loves him and vice versa, I put the book down to go and do something
else, and that's where I've left it ever since.

> There are plenty more I wish I hadn't wasted my time on, but these
> are the ones that I wish would not stick with me.

That's a good distinction.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."