[DWJ] now OT telephone

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 15 02:02:00 EDT 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 03:18, sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:
> Juliette Curtis writes:
> > We have decided that we will not answer the phone if it rings at
> > dinner time.
>
> Maybe we need two numbers... a private one for friends, and a public
> one (with a different tone) for unknowns. Editors and new friends get
> sieved and sent the private one, the others get a polite message. IF
> YOU ARE A TELEMARKETER PLEASE HANG UP NOW.

Now *that* would be a good idea. Or smart number recognition, which
gives everybody the answering machine who isn't on the whitelist.

My whitelist would be very short: my father and father-in-law,
sister-in-law, husband's and daughters' mobiles, two or three cousins
and a handful of friends.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005