[DWJ] Re: Nancy Drew (was Love Story)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 15 01:59:30 EDT 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 05:17, J.E. Powers wrote:

> My neighbor banned DWJ from her teenage son (and any other fantasy
> writer who mentioned witchcraft.)  Unfortunately, I was the one who
> had lent him several books! -Jill

My daughters have a friend who isn't allowed to read anything with
witchcraft in; this was relaxed once for a movie-going birthday party
(it was _Ella Enchanted_, I think). She seems to have internalised it;
the DWJ reader once offered that she can come to our house and read the
books there, but the friend said "no, that's not allowed". The strange
thing is that this girl *does* get to watch movies with lots of
violence, even gore, that my daughters shudder at-- I don't *have* to
forbid those, or even decide whether to forbid them, because they plain
don't like them!

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005