[DWJ] Re-Not writing ones own books

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 15 01:50:32 EDT 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 02:36, Roger Burton West wrote:

> I think I ended up with about three chapters in, erm, a book about
> programming perl to use databases. I got no credit at all, basically
> because the publisher wanted to conceal the fact that their
> contracted author couldn't get the job done, but lots of money.

Well, yes, I got lots of money too (at least more than I could have
earned doing anything else I was qualified for, erm, legally and with
some propriety) but if I'd got the normal amount of royalties it would
probably have been between five and ten times as much.

Let's say that I was young and foolish (as opposed to middle-aged and
foolish).

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005