Bristol and Oz was Re: [DWJ] Re: was 'Mediocre fantasy serieses', now OT telephone

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Jun 15 10:10:17 EDT 2006

On Thursday, June 15, 2006, at 03:15 AM, Charles Butler wrote:

>> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 17:58, sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:
>>
>>> Is anyone from - drumm roll - Bristol?
>
>   I'm a Hampshire boy by birth, but I've been in Bristle 16 years now.
>
>   Charlie

Speaking of Bristol, I'm in the middle of rereading _Deep Secret_
[which makes me want to go to Eastercon, which I can't possibly
do].  Last night, though, flailing around my bookshelves, my hand
landed on William Mayne's _Midsummer Fair_, which I decided
to reread.  Only I found that I hadn't read it before.  I can't say I
was
deeply thrilled by it [as opposed to, say, _Earthfasts_] and I
doubt I will keep it, but it certainly had a lot of Bristol in it.

And speaking of Oz, which I have noticed occasionally arises,
has anybody else read _Strandloper_?  And did they think it was
any good?  I was somewhat underwhelmed, but sometimes Garner
works for me and sometimes he doesn't.