[DWJ] Re-Not writing ones own books

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Thu Jun 15 08:27:27 EDT 2006

Irina Rempt writes:
> As it was, mine was even more successful; I was stupid at the time to
> take a lump sum for it instead of insisting on royalties.

It can go either way. I used to work for a publisher that paid lump sums of
about $1400.00 for a ms. They "went royalty" then, with an advance of
$250.00. After that, they sold out, and the buying company remaindered 10
books... so I got no more than the initial $2500.00. Had the lump sum still
been operating, I would have had $14000.00.