[DWJ] Re: was 'Mediocre fantasy serieses', now OT telephone

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Wed Jun 14 21:15:51 EDT 2006

Judith Ridge writes:

> No phone call I get would warrant such attention, Sally! Leave a message if
> it's that important ;-)

I have adult children, and once in a while it's something urgent (as when my
daughter's car blew in the middle of a busy Melbourne street. Her dad talked
her through that one, because she didn't know the name of the piece she
needed fixed. She is a bit prone to crises, and the weird thing is, none of
them are ever her fault. Seriously. Someone's tyre blew out and debries hit
Tig's car. A kangaroo jumped on her car and smashed in the front. Her
battery (a newish one) died in the middle of nowhere. We couldn't do
anything practical, but at least a little moral support is something... ) If
I was childless, I would probably let the phone ring as much as it liked.