[DWJ] Mediocre fantasy serieses (was Titles (was

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 14 14:49:56 EDT 2006

I was being a bit flippant and quoting Steinem et al. I do tend to lean
towards interpreting the meanings of actions, and so it is hard for me
to come up with blanket categories of apolitical actions. Those actions
have to be entirely private for them to be apolitical, for one thing,
and I think that personal motivation can't be used to redefine a clearly
political action, as in the examples of Cordelia, and me and George W.

Cordelia, as the wife of the Prime Minister, is a tricky case. She going
to have a hard time doing anything that isn't political unless she is
locked up in a cupboard and never offers an opinion to Aral. He respects
her opinion, and takes it into account when he makes decisions. Her
decision to have Miles is an immensely political act, and she knows it,
too. I can't remember which book it is, but there's a conversation where
she explains why she never went to Beta colony with some of Aral's DNA.