[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jun 14 14:21:29 EDT 2006

> Jadwiga wrote:
>
> >_Jude the Obscure_
>
> Haven't read the book, but I did see the film, and that is indeed a film I
> could have done without seeing - the most depressing film I've ever seen
> (or that I can think of at the moment!).

I had to read it for high school. I walked into class and said
relievedly, "Thank *GOD*. I've been waiting for him to kill himself and
get it over with for the last 100 pages, and he finally did!" and
'ruined' the ending for everyone else in the class.

I think that was the year we also had to read Oedipus Rex and King Lear.
The English teacher we had died 2 years after I graduated (complications
of diabetes). I was distraught since I hadn't finished being mad at him
for being a middle-aged jerk.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Justice is better than chivalry if we cannot have both."
   -- Alice Stone Blackwell