[DWJ] Re-Not writing ones own books

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Jun 14 12:25:34 EDT 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Irina Rempt wrote:
|As it was, mine was even more successful; I was stupid at the time to
|take a lump sum for it instead of insisting on royalties.

That's what I did with 10 chapters of Hardware Hacking. Shall we
say it was not a financially wise decision?

A lot of authors have done various kinds of writing for money.
And know that Scott Westerfield has written a whole passel of
books of which he was contractually obliged not to reveal the
names. For all we know DWJ has done the same thing although she
has a rather striking style that I've never seen her not use in
fiction. *g*

-deborah
--
The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should
therefore be hushed.  A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could