[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Jun 14 12:00:03 EDT 2006

On Tuesday, June 13, 2006, at 04:31 PM, Elizabeth Bentley wrote:

> On 13/6/06 01:28, "Judith Ridge" <Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:

>>> Oh yes, Sheri Tepper's _Beauty_ <shudder>.
>>>
>>>    Irina
>>
>> Ooh, why? (Haven't read it myself, but it's on the list...)
>>
>> Judith
>>

> If you think Tepper's was bad, definitely avoid Anne Rice's version,
> written
> under another name which I forget. Positively pornographic.

Absolutely pornographic.  It's supposed to be.  And it won't sneak up on
you or deceive you, the way Tepper does.  You know what you're in
for by page two.

It's a trilogy.

A. N. Roquelaure is the name she uses for that sort of thing.

She has a profound talent for pornography, and if you like S&M at
all, you'll probably like this.  I think it's great.

Ten years ago, I worked for a bookstore briefly.  During the
time I was selling books, I ran into a mother and [adult] daughter.
We got to discussing the trilogy and, I was interested to discover,
each of the three of us had a different favorite volume.