[DWJ] Re-Not writing ones own books

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 14 02:00:19 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 02:01, sodgers at iinet.net.au wrote:

> Mind you, I once co-wrote a book with a non-existent author the
> publisher had invented.

Me too: "Working with Word Perfect for Windows". The imaginary author
was on the cover (and mine only inside at my boss' insistence) because
then people would think it was by the same person as the previous
successful book (about Word Perfect for DOS) which had the same
imaginary author's name on the cover because the real writer of *that*
had thought it would damage his professional standing to write a book
for beginners.

As it was, mine was even more successful; I was stupid at the time to
take a lump sum for it instead of insisting on royalties.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005