[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 14 02:06:25 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 00:32, Kyla Tornheim wrote:

> I find Gaiman often far too dark for me--I do like Neverwhere, but I
> wish I'd written down the quotes from American Gods that really
> resonated with me, because I never want to read it again.

Seconded. Some of the images in American Gods were beautiful, and it was
full of the mythical-America stuff that I watch fifties American movies
for, but the whole thing was far too dark and somehow sordid. (Also
spoiled, for me, by the revelation at the end [spoiler]

that in fact everybody had been on the same side all along, and it
wasn't a side I'd have thought of as 'good'.  The only really good guys
in it were minor characters, notably Sam and her sister.

   Irina
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005