[DWJ] Re: was 'Mediocre fantasy serieses', now OT telephone

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at us.kline.com
Wed Jun 14 08:30:51 EDT 2006

> I have a phone with caller ID and simply don't answer it if it says
> "Private". 99/100 it's telemarketers.

Same here.  But I have friends with private numbers, so I never can
tell.  Chances are if I let it go through to the answering machine it's
a friend and if I pick it up it's a telemarketer.

Overseas calls are even worse.  Very rarely I get calls from work so
there's always a chance it might be them.  But 99.9999% of the time it's
telemarketers.

I do pick up if I am in the mood to be rude to someone :)  There's a
sort of call centre hum in the background that is a dead giveaway of a
telemarketer which means I don't even have to pause to check if it is
actually a friend before I go into "get rid of them" mode.

Byeeeee,
Kylie