[DWJ] Re: was 'Mediocre fantasy serieses', now OT telephone

Chris Dollin eh at electric-hedgehog.net
Wed Jun 14 01:39:18 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 06:27, Chris Dollin wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 05:07, Juliette Curtis wrote:
>
> > and get way too
> > many phone calls at dinner time from people who are trying to sell me
> > telephone services.
>
> Our exposure to such interruptions has diminished dramatically since we
> subscribed (if that's the right word) to TPS (the Telephone Preference Service;
> it has a web page, Google is your cuddly demon).

And, he realised after posting, it's probably UK specific - and I have no idea
whether Juliette is UK based.

[For some reason I think of this mailing list as being "UK people, with
 exceptions", as opposed to rec.arts.sf.composition, which I think of
 (more accurately) as "non-UK, with exceptions". Dunno why. Apologies.]

--
Chris "call that /thinking/?" Hedgehog